lynda.com at Penn State provides Penn State faculty, staff, and students with free access to thousands of top-quality video tutorials on topics from software to soft skills. With well over 2,000 courses and counting, lynda.com has enough content that you could watch is for a year straight and never come across the same video twice! Whether it is being used in the classroom or for professional development, lynda.com is a powerful learning tool for all levels of expertise that allows users to learn whenever and wherever works best for them.
What are its key features?
- Over two thousand video courses taught by industry and subject matter experts
- Training videos on a wide variety of software and skills topics
- Playlist features that allow for training customization
- Certificates of completion that can be added to online profiles
- Learning Matrices across twelve topic categories that index and organize courses and improve users’ learning experiences
- Sharing capabilities for individual courses and customized playlists
- Bookmarking features, full course transcripts, and exercise files
- A “My Courses” interface that provides viewing history, recommended courses, and more
What should I expect?
- Just-time-training provided free of charge
- Support for mobile devices
- Access to courses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How much does it cost?
This service is available at no cost.
Who can use it?
What do I need to use it?
- Penn State Access Account ID and password
- Web browser
How can I get started?
Visit the lynda.com at Penn State website and log in with your Penn State Access Account ID and password to start learning today!
How can I get help?
- If you have problems using or accessing the tutorials, contact the IT Service Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about this service, contact email@example.com.
- To find out more about the service, visit the lynda.com at Penn State website.